eFiling Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ's
As posted on the eFiling Authority Board website, please find the guidelines to be followed by the Florida Bar in preparing documents to be eFiled at New Document Submission Standards.
- Documents should be a standard size of 8 ½ x 11 inches (as defined in RJA 2.520). Documents should leave blank a 3 x 3 inch space at the top right-hand corner on the first page, and a 1x3 inch space at the top right –hand corner on each subsequent page to accommodate statewide standard date/time stamps (as defined in RJA 2.520).
- 1 inch margin
- Where possible, documents should be electronically signed.
- Black and white, non-color documents are preferred.
- Scanned documents should be at a resolution of 300 DPI (as defined in the State of Florida Electronic Records and Records Management Practices).
- Portrait orientation should be selected.
- Multiple pleadings, motions, etc. should not be combined into one single document. Each individual document should be uploaded separately via the ePortal document submission process.
- The portal will accept filings in Word, Word Perfect (not preferred), or PDF.
- Do not password-protect your documents.
The ePortal will accept filings in Word, Word Perfect (not preferred), or PDF.
Bring the large document(s) to the Clerk’s Office on an electronic storage medium such as DVD or CD-ROM, flash drive, or similar storage medium; as per Rule 2.525(d)(5), Fla. R. Jud. Admin.