Driver's License Suspension information in Criminal
Drivers License Suspension-Court Fees:
- The Clerk of Courts pursuant to FS 322.245(5) (a) shall notify The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) that the defendant has failed to pay his financial obligations which shall result in the suspension of your Driver’s License.
- The defendant must pay all court costs and fines in full or make payment arrangements to clear the suspension with the DHSMV.
- Upon full payment of court costs or being placed on a payment plan, the Clerk of Courts will provide to the defendant an Affidavit to Reinstate Driver License Privilege to submit to the DHSMV. The cost of the affidavit will be $7.00. A fee of $60 must be paid to a driver license office by the defendant in order to reinstate their privileges.
- Payments can be made by phone at 305-275-1155 for criminal cases and also online at Criminal Justice - Case Search using a Visa, Master Card or American Express card.
- Effective March 17, 2014, the Clerk's Office locations listed below will accept full payments for cases in Collection Agency status, to assist customers with obtaining their Affidavit of Reinstatement immediately, for cases with a driver license suspension for an outstanding financial obligation.
Between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.; Monday through Friday. Deputy Clerks are available to assist you at the following locations below. In addition payment plans can be requested at these locations and a $25 payment plan fee is assessed for each case.