Local, Regional and State Service
Florida Energy Commission (2008).
Twice chairman of the South Florida Regional Planning Council (Dade, Broward and Monroe Counties) (1975 and 1990).
- Chaired the County Commission's Environment and Land Use Subcommittee. Over the years he has served on all Commission Subcommittees.
- Downtown Development Authority Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- Member, Metro-Miami Action Plan Executive Board, a Board established in the early 1980's to deal comprehensively with the racial and economic disparities in Dade County.
- Member of Miami-Dade Criminal Justice Council, chairing its Juvenile Justice Subcommittee.
- Member, Board of Directors of the Florida Association of County Commissioners and its Environmental and Natural Resources Chairman.
- Currently chairs the County’s Climate Change Advisory Task Force (CCATF) missioned to advise the County regarding Greenhouse Gas Reduction and Adaptation Planning. The CCATF is to recommend measures to address making the County more resilient to expected climate impacts on the built environment, natural systems, economy, social and health concerns.